April 2, 2007

The ride back home

This happened on 31st March………. I had been sick the first half of the week…down with viral. And all the TV channels must have known it because they conspired to ensure that all movies telecasted sucked....... well most of them sucked [:(]…………. So TV watching was out.

When you are sick, this wretched tongue seems to want Italian delicacies , Spicy soups and what not ……… and the stomach is just waiting to churn them so bad you feel like there is milk curdling inside …….

Well after a self imposed exile, I went to “The Forum” on Saturday and had a Burger at Mc Donald’s (I prefer KFC) with 2 of my colleagues and I bumped into my sister and a family friend there.

My colleagues bid adieu as it was nearing 9. My sister and I were calculating how much it would cost to take an auto back home as our friend had come by bike. We wanted to have dinner, so my sis and I decided to walk till the restaurant and he said he would meet us there.

To get a table in the smallest of eat outs is difficult was proved that day. We were waiting for what seemed like eternity………. Waiting sucks especially when your tummy keeps reminding you how it’s being neglected.

Without realizing what I was saying, I said lets skip the food here. Lets go to Pizza Hut on Ring Road (very near Domlur- my place) - all three of us on bike and laughed at the absurdity of the whole idea ..ha ha ha

When I realized my words were actually making an effect on my friend and sis, it was too late to take them back . My friend and sis were already planning who will sit where and which were the safe roads to take to avoid being caught.

I hate breaking traffic rules and I was firmly against it. Also one guy and 2 girls, well everyone would laugh and it was not safe. The counter argument to that was: When a family can go as 4 why not we 3?

Ha Ha Ha ….I was tensed initially and thinking what was I doing this mad thing for? I was breaking free (voluntarily) which is so not me………. I am more composed a person. I get mad very rarely and this seemed to be one of those mad moments.

I sat last, my sister in between and we went. The Enticer/Enfield.They both look the same. something like it bike had plenty of space. The wind on my face, with lots of my sister’s mane in my mouth and people staring……..God, It was strange but risky fun. I would never do it again for the fact that it’s not right. I m very happy no untoward incident occurred too.

But it left me with a goofy smile on my face and my mom was smiling when we retold the day’s event……….

On a secret note, I might do it again.... Why remove the possibility of it happening and not bask in that sunshine of happiness till then ? [:)]

2 comments:

Puranjoy said...

It must have been an Enfield. The pillion of Enticer is so narrow that a person with a well-rounded bottom will find it tough to sit.

Riding threesome is a great idea. Next time, though, try sitting with your back to your sister. Wonderful.

And oh, welcome back to the blogworld.

In the shadows or the sun? said...

ha ha ha....i actually loved the comment.....S u cud actually try the suggestion...[:P]