April 23, 2007

On my way to the so called Domlur Bus Stop

There was a proper bus stop near "Chef Residency" . This was until the flyover came up . There has been mayhem ever since then for me.

Firstly the bus stop is mobile between "Chef Residency" and the "Home Store". I am calling it mobile because there is no one place the bus stops. And it definitely does not stop where I am standing. I hate it. I detest it. I abhor it......... And I cant help it.....

To cross that road to get to the other side is so maddening.......... You might see me sometimes trying to make a dash zig zagging between all the vehicles who dont stop when I show my index finger and beseech them for one tiny little minute so I can move. But No. Everyone is in a hurry. Most of the times, I wait 20 minutes just to cross that blessed road.

On one of those rare occasions, the policeman would be standing. Once he steps in, we pedestrians sigh ......... With the raise of his hand, traffic comes to a stand still. And those times I feel like GOD.

Yesterday, I was walking towards my mobile BUS STAND, betting with myself as to where the bus would stop and whether I would be able to make it . This is important because I do not run after a bus. I never have and I dont intend to start doing it too.

Reason 1 : I hate looking desperate for the "KSRTC"bus
Reason 2: I wear high heels and do not wanna trip and make a fool of myself

Aah.......... I like to dress neat to work. I sometimes wear skirts(knee length) and wait for the bus. Often auto's come and stop near me. I shake my head with a smile and they smile back and drive away.

Why cant a person who dresses neat(read never vulgar coz showing legs can be classy when u carry yourself well), travel by bus. I dont understand this importance to clothes and judging people. My friends say "You dont look like the sorts who has to travel by bus". Look at the irony. It is my means of transport. I see nothing wrong in taking the bus. Petrol is still an expensive means if I take my car to work. So I am on my saving mode :)............. Hail KSRTC (Except on all those occasions when its so crowded , I can feel the perspiration of the next person .........


So as I was saying, I was walking towards the bus stop............. I looked to my right. A man and a woman were talking. Nothing strange about it except that he suddenly caught her neck. And he pushed her away. I was appalled. I am not talking about a man and a woman and the strength factor though I strongly feel about it.

What gives an individual any right to physically invade the space of another individual. I am ashamed of myself because I did not do anything. I saw it, observed it, felt bad for her and walked on worried when my bus would arrive, where it would stop, how long will it take for me to cross the road. I wanted to go sock him for treating an individual without respect. But who am I ? Saying so, Convincing myself I had no right to interfere....................I walked on.

1 comment:

Puranjoy said...

Nope. I don't post. And here's a friendly tip. When someone comments on your post, reply to it in your comments section itself. Especially if it is someone who has a blog only to avoid being anonymous. Cheerio! Nice post by the way. Where on earth is this chef residency and where is home store?