September 7, 2008

No Longer a Rat

What am I ? At the end of the day, I am a rat in the rat race. What do I want to be years down the line?

There are many smart, well-thought out and correct answers I could give...... answers that could help job seekers immensely.

But what do I really want? I want an adventure. I want something different from my life and this time around its not about the money. It was never about the money. Things can get screwed up when money is given over emphasis. I am tired.

Its like having a multi-heading hydra monster. You take out one head, another new one pops out.

Expectations..... Its like too much of sugar. Its annoyingly sweet but too much.

I am 25 and I want to do things differently. Why? I hate being one amongst the innumerable rats. And I hate running.

3 comments:

SANKAR SALVADY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SANKAR SALVADY said...

Sounds familiar :) ..a crisis that many I.T professionals face after a few years in IT .. living in bangalore where every 3nd person you meet most likely provides software solution, its not a misplaced thought.

incidentally i faced it at the same age of 25 .. i quit my job and came to an unknown land in search of that 'hiding somewhere' adventure i wanted..after 3 years i realise this is not i wanted either.. my pursuit begins again.. :-)

compared to westerners in I.T, Indians seem to face this mid-career crisis way too early making it an early-career-crisis :) .. if the rat race is one way to look at it, there may be other reasons to it too (tight project deadlines, peer pressure could be among the reasons) ... its a deep rooted problem that many face and has to be taken seriously by the companies..

Good luck in finding what you want !

SANKAR SALVADY said...

And ya, I deleted the earlier comment by mistake.

guess it will be nice to have an 'edit' option to comments already posted , rather than just 'delete'